Samarkand, The Gulf Observer: Following the talks in Samarkand city, the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev and the President of the French Republic Emmanuel Macron adopted a Joint Statement.
The intention of the two states to raise relations to the level of strategic partnership is noted in the document.
An assessment is made of the current state of bilateral cooperation and prospects for deepening interstate ties in various fields, confirming the desire of the parties to deepen interaction within the framework of international organizations and jointly solve pressing global and regional problems.
Eight bilateral documents were signed in the presence of the Presidents in finance, education, culture, and other areas of interstate cooperation.
- intergovernmental agreement on the creation and activities of the Samarkand French Alliance;
- intergovernmental financial protocols for improving the drinking water supply infrastructure of Uzbekistan (phases 1 and 2);
- protocol on introducing amendments and additions to the Intergovernmental Agreement on the establishment and activities of the French Development Agency and Proparco in Uzbekistan;
- declaration between the ministries of foreign affairs on cooperation in diplomatic training;
- protocol on cooperation in preschool, school, vocational and higher education;
- declaration on cooperation in cultural heritage;
- agreement on cooperation in vocational and technical education.
Declarations of cooperation were also signed between the Art and Culture Development Foundation of Uzbekistan and the Suez and Bouygues companies.